- 2017 Lorna Hurst - Redhead Vending LLC
- 2016 Becky Miller - Becky's Gifts & Antiques
- 2015 Lisa Aldridge - Childhood Cancer Awareness
- 2014 Judi Worrell - Coffee Co Board of Education
- 2013 Joy W. Paulk - Williams Institutional Foods
- 2012 Sandy Sharpe - Southwire
- 2011 JoAnne Lewis - Chamber/EDA
- 2010 Dr. Virginia Carson - SGSC
- 2009 Jackie Wilson - City of Douglas
The Women in Business (WIB) program recognizes and promotes leadership for women at all levels in the workplace. The Chamber holds bi-annual meetings that feature various business and educational topics. WIB is also the Chamber’s platform for an annual award to honor women who have shown outstanding leadership qualities.
The Jackie Wilson Women in Leadership Award was created to honor one individual each year. Recipients must possess outstanding leadership skills in community, business or economic development. She (or her company) must be a member in good standing with the Chamber of Commerce. Nomination may be submitted throughout the year. To nominate someone for the WIB award or to learn more about this program, contact the Chamber office at 912-383-1873.